Travel Insurance provides coverage for travellers while they are away from their province or country of residence in the event of an unforeseen medical emergency.
Why you may need it
- You’re going on a trip outside of your home province or country and want protection for you and your family in case of an unforeseen medical emergency.
- Your travel plans are unavoidably cancelled or interrupted.
- You want additional protection in case:
- your luggage is lost or stolen,
- you are in an accident with a rental car,
- you die while away.
What you need to know
Coverage is available on an annual or single trip basis – Travel Insurance provides coverage for items including:
- Emergency medical treatment including hospital and doctors’ fees
- Prescription drugs
- Ambulance services – air, land and seas, including emergency air transportation to Canada
- Escort and return home of accompanying children
- Return of vehicle
- Emergency dental treatment
- Direct payment to hospitals and coordination with government plans
- Multilingual medical and travel assistance 24/7 anytime, anywhere